At the Fitness Institute Arrowhead, we serve a wide range of individuals from adolescents already struggling with weight who wish to change the course of their lives to elderly clientele who are most concerned about maintaining bone density, mobility, health and vitality. However, the majority of our clientele fall within the 30-60 range with the primary concerns of losing weight and regaining fitness while promoting good health.
Did you know…
- Metabolism rate decreases by 15-20% throughout one’s lifetime?
- Approximately 2-3% of lean body mass (e.g., muscle) is lost per decade?
- Bone loss begins around age 40 in women (slightly later in men)?
- Prescription medications can deplete the body of certain nutrients?
- Changes in the stomach with age can decrease nutrient absorption?
- Overall food intake requirement decreases with age, but requirements for protein, vitamins and minerals remain the same or increase?
- Competent personal trainers who are committed to their clients.
- Scheduled appointments for convenience and accountability.
- Programs that are safe, effective and practical.
Body Fat Analysis…FREE
The Fitness Institute can help you with:
- Weight Loss: The Fitness Institute Arrowhead provides a low glycemic nutritional plan along with Peripheral Heart Action (PHA) exercise programs that utilize strength training in a cardiovascular mode. This allows the body to incorporate fat as a primary source of energy in unison with increasing lean mass to improve metabolism. We have had great success with weight loss and sustaining weight loss using this methodology over the years.
- Strength Training: We design programs that are specific to the clientele based on past injuries and a postural assessment. This gives us insight on muscular imbalance and muscles that need to be strengthened to improve stability. Our strength training provides core stability as well corrective exercises to improve muscular imbalance. On that same note we also work to provide a program that can help an individual improve in sports specific areas or areas of concern for the individual.
- Senior Health: The research has proven that individuals can improve strength at any age. This does not exclude seniors. Our programs for seniors are designed to improve overall balance, stability, and improve everyday activities that have become difficult from aging. These programs are very safe and effective in that we utilize a very progressive approach in the implementation of these exercise routines. The improvements observed in our seniors have been countless over the years. Remember, you are never too old to improve quality of life.
- Youth Training: We have worked with youth programs for years ranging from sport specific concerns for Hockey, Volleyball, Tennis, Football etc.. We have also worked with youth to just have overall fitness improve with the goal of getting in better shape. We design programs that are fun and interactive for the individual to increase motivation.
Personalized Nutrition Plan
Based upon one’s personal needs and goals, the nutrition plan also takes into consideration any medications and / or conditions. Our program is modified to account for special circumstances.
Personalized Exercise Program
Exercise program design is based upon current health and fitness level with consideration for any past / present injuries, medical conditions and / or postural imbalances. All exercise sessions are monitored by a personal trainer.
Trainers track each client’s progress and programs are modified regularly. This feature serves the purposes of both maintaining an effective approach and providing accountability for our clientele.
Professional, Semi-Private Environment
The Fitness Institute Arrowhead is not an open gym. There are no crowds, no long waits to use the equipment and the environment is pleasant and comfortable for clients at any level of fitness.
WE CAN DESIGN A COMPREHENSIVE EXERCISE & NUTRITION PROGRAM TAILORED TO FIT YOUR NEEDS!